If you love french fries then you must try cooking them this way! It takes some time to get each fry cooked evenly, but it is completely worth the effort. Once you have fries cooked in lard, you won’t want them any other way! (I get my lard from Sullivan Farms if anyone is around Columbia, Missouri.)
- 2-3 Organic White Potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp Lard or Bacon Grease from Pastured Pigs
- Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder (To Taste)
- Heat enough lard or bacon grease to cover the pan.
- While it is heating, wash, peel and cut potatoes into french fry shapes.
- When the grease is hot turn to medium heat and carefully place the fries into the pan. Make sure there is only a single layer of fries so that they cook evenly. It takes a little longer, but is totally worth it!
- Season while cooking and flip as needed.
- When all sides are crispy, remove the fries onto a paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Enjoy! We don’t even use ketchup, not even our toddler! For an extra treat, top with bacon pieces and sliced green onion!